Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Denver, and heading east

The main road from Black Canyon to Denver is US-50. It goes over Monarch Pass, and in early May, it was snowing at the top. Further along the road I stopped in Fairplay, home of Two-Mile High Stadium, and apparently inspiration for South Park (not that I'm a big fan of that show).

This was my first visit to Denver, a place whose airport I've seen quite a few times. I didn't spend a grand amount of time there, since I arrived late in the day. The next day was spent at the Denver Art Museum, absorbing the new modern wing and an interesting special exhibit on artistic influences on the Impressionists.


After Denver, I headed east across the plains. The race east was only interrupted by a brief 30-mile detour to the highest point in Kansas. (It's a bump in the prairie called Mount Sunflower...)

Dinner and rest were in Topeka, Kansas, since that's where I got tired.

No comments: