Friday, August 12, 2005

Barcelona, the rest of day 2

After overdosing on La Sagrada Familia and Casa Batlló, I headed over to Parc Montjuïc. This is a hill overlooking the harbor, and was featured somewhat prominently when the Olympics were held here. There are several museums here, not all of which I went into, mostly due to lack of time. I headed for the Archaeology Museum, since that seems to be a theme for this trip (or at least this portion of it). It had very nice stuff going all the way back to Roman times.

I took a few more pictures along the way.


The picture on the right is the Plaza de Catalunya, which is at the north end of La Rambla. The other two are views from Parc Montjuïc.)

After all that, I got on a night train (2d class compartment, no nice private locking doors, shared with 2 Argentinians), which arrived in Granada bright and early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parc de Montjuïc at 1928