Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Closing trip thoughts

Seven weeks was a long time to be not-home. Especially for those who normally never get more than about 3 weeks of vacation at a time.

Living out of a backpack is a bit of a challenge, but it was good practice. Just gotta be careful about where the beer goes.

Even in this internet-connected age, making travel plans on the fly is work. If you're going to do this, make sure you leave time for it.

I definitely want to travel more. Even after having been home for two weeks now, I feel the itch a bit. Road trip?

As a possible career move, I've decided it will be worth the time and money to get an English teaching certificate. I looks to me like it's a highly portable skill.

While I tremendously enjoyed the Earthwatch expedition, I'm uncertain that a career in archaeology is in my future.

No comments: