Thursday, December 07, 2006

South American Buses, again

So yesterday's objective was to get to Santiago from Bariloche. This was accomplished by almost reversing the buses taken to get to Bariloche in the first place.


The first bus, leaving at 9 in the morning, took the same pass over the Andes as the one going the other way, only it left me in Osorno instead of Valdivia.

I can report that Osorno is even more boring than Valdivia was. I was there for 7 hours, and the best they could do for entertainment was a band playing mostly Christmas music (but also some standards, like Brazil) on the plaza.

Then there was the night bus to Santiago. In my previous entry on buses, I alleged that the semi-cama service was pretty good. For some reason, this time the "semi-cama" service was not large seats. It was a bit tighter seating (4 across instead of 3), which made getting comfy for sleeping difficult.

The net result? About 4 hours sleep. Thanks, Tur-Bus.

Tomorrow appears to be a public holiday here in Chile. I'm planning to go see Valparaiso.

Hasta luego!

Trip Directory Trip Directory Next Trip Page

No comments: