Monday, March 03, 2008

Big Bend wildlife

Here are a few critters I didn't see while I was in Big Bend:

  • black bears

  • mountain lions

  • snakes

  • scorpions

  • reptiles

  • peregrine falcons


I did speak with a group about 30 minutes after they saw a mountain lion. It was about 1/2 mile from the place I camped in the Chisos Mountains.


Then there were critters that I saw, but did not photograph, often because they're hard to capture on camera.

  • jackrabbits

  • javelina

  • numerous birds

  • golden eagles


The golden eagles were a pair nesting in a tree in the campground I stayed in when I first arrived. I didn't spot them until late the second day.

So, I did get a few pictures of wildlife. First, the roadrunner:




The Mexican Jay:



And some deer:


No comments: