Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Cusco, where it is rainy season

Greetings from frequently-rainy Cusco!


After spending over 18 hours in airports and airplanes, I am somewhat comfortably ensconced in a lovely "hospedaje" aka bed and breakfast, the Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta. It's a pretty nice place about a 10-minute walk from the center of town, booked through hostels.com.


After showering and napping (since I only got three hours sleep), I strolled around the central Plaza de Armas, which is ripe with touts selling all tours and all manner of tchotckes. I'm not yet gripped by a tremendous insecurity about my person, since I've read in more than one place that Cusco is not entirely safe.


Tomorrow brings a more serious start to sight-seeing, and the 12th (Sunday) will bring the start of the Inca Trail. Yippee!


Pictures:



A fountain outside town



Street scene



Alley with great Inca stonework



The perfectly-fit many-sided stone



The Plaza de Armas



Trip Directory  Next Trip Page

No comments: