Wednesday, November 22, 2006

When one isn't feeling well

The best thing I've found to do when not feeling well is to check into a better hotel. It takes the sting out of being sick. I decided I was unwell enough that I delayed going to Putre (up in the Andes from Arica) an extra day.

The traveler's malady struck again, this time with enough force to convince me it was time for the Serious Medication (i.e. antibiotics). I've also been having cold symptoms, which may or may not be related. The antibiotics seem to have had a fairly good effect on the tummy rumblings, but I'm still running sweaty and coughing. Maybe a return to altitude will help.

Arica is a nice place, but there's not much to do, even if I'm spending most of my time in the room.

There's some sort of traditional dance/music festival in Putre this weekend -- I may try to hang around for it.

Hasta luego!


Trip Directory Trip Directory Next Trip Page

No comments: