Friday, July 29, 2005

The Eiffel Tower

On the 22d, I described my itinerary in a note to Eric and Claire like this:

  • Eiffel Tower

  • Musée Rodin

  • Musée d'Orsay (where the Impressionists are)

  • The St. Chapelle church (known for stained glass)



Afterwards, Claire pointed out that this seemed might aggressive. The Orsay, in particular is easily a whole day by itself. But then I knew I wouldn't be seeing the whole thing...

I had a most enjoyable visit to the Eiffel Tower, since I got there fairly early (about 10). There was only a short line for tickets, and less than 30 minutes later, I was on top.

It was a hazy day, but I got some decent pictures anyway.

Arc de Triomphe

Hotel des Invalides

Place de la Concorde

Some guy

From further down the tower, I took a few more pictures.

No comments: