Sunday, July 24, 2005

Really, we do get back to Germany

All right, I know it´s been a while since I last posted. But I did suggest that that would happen. So here I am in sunny, hot, and humid Barcelona, writing about Finland (and if any letter ´t´s are missing, blame the keyboard...).

So Eric and I had a little over 1/2 day in Tampere to kill before our flight. I used that morning to good effect (i.e. writing blog entries and uploading pictures). When it came time to leave the hotel, we trundled down to the train station, and waited where we thought an early bus would show. It didn´t. Apparently the bus I was looking for was a Ryanair special -- the early bus was not one of these, it was a regular intercity that stopped at the airport. Sigh. We sit in the train station alternating walking around. I take pictures of people bungee-jumping off a crane, and the Tampere Orthodox Cathedral:


We do eventually catch the Ryanair shuttlebus, get to the airport, where Eric is relieved of some silverware (forks and butter knives are SOOO dangerous) by security, and have an otherwise uneventful flight. We´re met by Moses, and return to Grünstadt for the night.

No comments: