Friday, July 29, 2005

Paris, ah Paris

So Eric and I drove down to Paris on the 21st, arriving in the late afternoon. We stayed at an apartment on the Left Bank right near the Musée Cluny belonging to the parents of Claire, Eric's, umm, err, mistress? Girlfriend? Perhaps she or Eric can help clear the terminology here. Discretion being the better part of valor, combined with the fact that I had 28 hours in Paris, I didn't stay long there, and headed out to see the city.

I started out by walking a short way to theGardens of the Luxembourg Palace, a somewhat quintessential non-touristy part of Paris. Beautiful gardens.



I wandered over towards the Seine, and caught a glimpse of the
Hôtel de Ville:



Since I wasn't far from Notre Dame, I took a few pictures there too.



I strolled more along the Right Bank, not taking pictures of the Pompidou Centre, which is a marked contrast to the more historic views of Paris.

I did encounter a carousel, which I did not ride, but it did have a rabbit on it.



On the way towards the Louvre, I passed the French Culture Ministry building, which has some funky exterior art:



And, of course, the Louvre:



This being quite enough for a few hours (and it nearing the agreed-upon meeting time for dinner with Eric and Claire), I made my way back, and we went out for a very nice Indian dinner.

No comments: